Okay, fine. Me being on camera has nothing to do with me, and all about being related to him:
That's my little bro, Alex. He's in his missionary get-up, but he's actually been home for a year. (He even got married just over a week ago, pictures of the wedding will be up soon)
While Alex was on his mission in San Diego, he was chosen to be a part of the new instructional films (called "The District") centered on Preach My Gospel. The movies are being shown now at the MTC! Every missionary there will know my bro "Elder Murray," just ask them! He even gets recognized at BYU, it's pretty funny! Some missionaries were at my cousins house and saw my brother's wedding invite, and couldn't believe it! So , how did this work for Alex? Well...
For MONTHS of his mission, it was like he was on a reality show! Film crews followed him everywhere! Knocking doors, going to church, meeting with members, everything! He even had a diary-cam to record his own thoughts.
The movies turned out great! They may be airing on BYU TV sometime, so keep an eye out for them. They're really fun to watch, and I think they do a good job showing what it's like to be on a mission! We're really proud of Alex for being such a wonderful example of how to be a good missionary.
And we're also glad he's home now!

3 comments:
Are you serious? That's the funniest thing I've heard. I can't believe they followed her around like a reality TV show. Do you guys get a copy of the videos? How did he get so lucky to be chosen? Was it him AND his comp or did the cameras stick with him even when he got a new comp? I'm fascinated by all this :)
That is so cool! I think Alex looks like a perfect missionary.
That's so fun :)
Post a Comment