Well, we conquered that fear so on to the next, I guess! Here goes:
Sadie wasn't always afraid of the vacuum. But when she started running around, it was easier to vacuum while she was napping. The few times since that she's encountered the vacuum happened exactly like that video. All tears!
Oh, and did you notice that she's holding 2 spoons? Sadie never did take a pacifier, and spoons have been her most recent comfort item. Whatever, girl!
So we set out for a little "exposure therapy." I mean, I can't always vacuum in hiding! So we practice just walking by and saying "Hi!"
Did you see that QUICK, shaky, little wave? She said "Hi" when I put down the camera!
I left the vacuum out for 2DAYS and her nerves just got WORSE! Because she knew where the vacuum was, she wouldn't go to that HALF of the apartment! Guess she's a little too young for exposure therapy.

2 comments:
Kelsie used to hate the vacuum and hair dryer when she was little. I guess maybe she still is little, so littler? But now she laughs her face off with the vacuum and will try to help push it. Don't know what changed but I think she just got used to both over time.
Yep Pretty much love the funny things your daughter does. Ian says that he thinks you enjoy taunting your daughter! Well it's enjoyable to me! What a cutie you have there.
Post a Comment