Sunday, January 23, 2011

Favor Please!!!

Help! I need your SPEEDIEST dinner recipes. Cory's work schedule just got crazy again, and so I never know what time he's going to be home. We tried eating cold dinners reheated (lame), but I think it's going to be easiest if I can whip something up in 20ish min. What are your fave, fast dinners?

8 comments:

Hksedwick said...

I am always starving when I get home from work and if it takes more than 20 minutes it usually doesn't happen. These are some of the things we have had over the last 2 weeks.

1. Spagetti with frozen meatballs and a side salad
2. Salad with chicken on the george forman grill
3. Burritos or taco salad.
4. Anything crockpot
5. Frozen potstickers(we like Ling Ling) with side of veggies
6. A New favorite is chicken gravy (make a roux with butter and flour then add chicken stock and canned chicken use ginger and worchestershire sauce for flavor) peas and rice
7. Fajitas made with frozen bags of veggies.
Good luck!

Jamie said...

Pasta--anything! If you go to www.food.com you can do a search for quick meals. HOpe it helps.

Taylor Thompson said...

Something that makes a bunch of meals faster - I will buy a ton of ground beef at once, brown it all at once, divide it up (usually 1 pound each), and put it in Ziploc bags. I will keep 1 or 2 in the fridge, and freeze the rest. Then you'll have less dishes and less prep time for any browned beef recipes.

-Nachos
-Tacos
-Spaghetti
-Macarado Meat (Macaroni, Ground Beef, Diced Tomatoes, a can of tomato soup. Mix, add grated cheese on top)

Nat said...

I LOVE nachos. The big can of Queso from Costco is really good, but a lot! I split it into 3 or 4 tupperwares and freeze some. Ron and I have gotten into chili-cheese dogs (though I like to make some fries too), and the nacho cheese is great for that too, as well as baked potatoes (microwaved, of course) with chili and cheese. Your favorite soup and grilled cheese (or I also like grilled tuna) is always good, especially in the winter. Grab a can of Manwich and make up some Sloppy Joes. Ummm... Creamy beef stroganoff: brown 1 pound beef, pour in onion soup mix, some milk and sour cream. Simmer and stir till mixed through and hot, serve over pasta (Ron likes egg noodles) or even mashed potatoes. Sorry I don't have amounts for the milk and sour cream, I just put enough in until I get a consistency I like, and I taste a little to make sure the oniony taste is too much or to little...

Hope that gets you goin!

Kimi said...

Amen to tacos, saved my butt a couple times.
I'm looking into crockpot recipes for ryan when he gets home after busy season days.
Use chili for taco salad.
Ranch Chicken: fry a chicken breast and smothered in ranch dressing.
I'm ashamed to say we do hot dogs maybe more than we should...
Grilling a hamburger patty actually cooks up really fast so if you get all the veggies ready ahead of time it's quick.
If you make fried rice ahead of time it actually tastes better reheated in my opinion.
I can't think of any others off the top of my head. We end up reheating lots of stuff.

Anonymous said...

Breakfast for dinner. Yum. Eggs, pancakes, french toast, waffles, omelets, crepes, sausage, bacon, hash browns. It all goes fast and, let's face it, breakfast is delicious.
Also cheese enchiladas are super fast.

Ryanna said...

Biscuits and gravy.
Navaho tacos.
Sandwiches.
Crockpot for sure.
Just get some oil hot and deep fry anything, it is just like eating out. (ry)
Good luck and be brave, it will not last forever.

Beth said...

I don't know if you still wanted recipes but here ya go.

2-3 chicken breast halves
2 cups of bread crumbs (about 2 pieces of bread)

Sauce:
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of orange juice
1 tsp of orange zest
1 Tbsp of beef bouillion
2 Tbsp of melted butter

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix ingredients of sauce together in small bowl. Pour half of sauce in casserole dish. Place bread crumbs in shallow dish. Pour a little orange juice in another shallow dish. Dip chicken in orange juice then bread crumbs and place in casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes. Half way through cooking pour rest of sauce on chicken.

Clear as mud?