Dear Sir or Ma'am,
I was perusing your listing and I was just wondering if your apartments allow for a small, caged animal (I have a guinea pig). Thank you for your time and consideration. Have a great night!
Respectfully,
XXXXXXXXXX
Now, I get a LOT of responses to the ads. And I really don't want a stinky guinea pig in the apartments. Plus, I'm working right now, so I don't have that much time to e-mail. I decided to just send a quick message:
Sorry, currently we don't allow pets.
I admit it. It was shorter than I would have written to someone that I wanted to apply. But I don't think I deserved this response:
Dear Sir or Ma'am,
Thank you for your response; however, I had hoped that the response would have been more formal or cordial. There was no salutation, indication of who was responding, or contact information in case I had further questions. This is a terrible first impression of your customer service. I hope that you will not make this mistake again with any other prospective customers. Good day to you.Respectfully,
XXXXXXXXXX
Hello?!? Are you serious? You want a salutation? I e-mailed him back within 20min. of him sending the e-mail, and he thinks it's bad customer service? Doesn't he sound like some old, cranky communications professor wanting to teach a lecture on e-mail etiquette? I'm 8mos. preggers, don't mess! So, I typed a response. I saved it to "drafts." I don't have the guts to send it, but it felt good to write nonetheless.
Dear XXXXXXXXXX,
I apologize if you feel mistreated. Our priority is to provide quick responses to our customers in a polite manner. I assure you, it was never our intention to offend. With that said, you also may want to consider the manner you conducted yourself. The impression received was judgmental and pretentious. We are just here to help. We feel as though we answered your question in a kind and timely manner. You responded with criticism. I hope that you will not make this mistake again. Good day to you.
Respectfully,
Elizabeth Gardens Apartment Management

12 comments:
You're better than me, I would have sent it! :) Some people just don't know how or when to shut their mouths, this is an example of that. Sorry you have to deal with that stuff, it can't be any fun, especially when you're this far along! Good luck and loves!
Hill
I dont think its mean!
So, I don't really think it is that bad. Not only would I have written one that is WAY more condescending, I probably would have sent it too... You pregnant mean is still way nicer than me on a regular day! lol
I always think it's best to just feel bad for those people because they have to live with themselves. Forget about them and move on. However once I didn't do that and did send a email back to an over the top soccer mom. It's in my April 2008 blog. To be honest, I don't think I sent that exact one but one a little more watered down.
What a jerk! Send it, it is not even rude--who talk that that anyway.
yeah I am the same as you, I would have written that same thing just to make myself feel better, but too scared to send it for what might come back from this person in the future. That is amazing he wrote back to you with that comment.
I would have been bugged too. I don't know that I would have sent the email. I wouldn't want another lecture from guinea pig man.
Dear alli,
Don't you always begin internet correspondence with correct salutations??? (what a weird person, I wonder if he has ever received emails in the past) I always do.
Sincery and respectfully,
Heather
that's funny. where do some people get off though? seriously.
I had the same type of thing happen to me! I had a guy I was working with to buy t shirts from who kept giving me the wrong information so I would correct him and such. They were short emails but they weren't rude corrections. He wrote me this huge email about how I have to check my attitude at the door if I want to buy t shirts from him. That the way I conduct myself is unprofessional and condescending. I was reading it saying " Excuse me, but how hard is it to get me a quote for tshirts. You give me the wrong information and information I'm not looking for so I don't respond thinking you'll get it back to me with the info I am looking for. I don't care what you think of the way I communicate. ISN'T THE CUSTOMER ALWAYS RIGHT?" I forwarded the email to his supervisor and then I no longer had to work with the yahoo.
You go girl! LOL. That person needs help! LOL
If I am ever having a bad day all I have to do is read your blog!! You are too funny! I am proud to say that I have been your friend for...20 years. What the?? Seriously...we are so old!!
Hope your Bday is the best so far! I loved being prego for my bday. We found out early what we where having so I could get the right gender presents! ha ha!! Love the diap bag too! That is one thing that I say to splurg on...you use it everyday!
Love you!
Post a Comment