Thursday, August 16, 2012

Waiting

It seems like if you could sum up my relationship with Cory in one word, "waiting" would be a good one to choose.

Now I don't want to seem like a Debbie-Downer.  I'm actually very good at waiting!  In fact, I may be one of the best wait-ers around!  (Not to be confused with 'waiters,' I'm probably not very good at that)

Cory and I dated for a year before his mission.

 (aww, look how cute!)
 I waited.

and waited.

And now that he's in residency, those mission-days seem all too familiar.  I can go several days without seeing him, the kids go longer.  We wait by the phone, we wait by the window, we wait by the door. We wait in the yard.

It's a GOOD thing he's worth the wait!  ;)

 Happy Anniversary to my very best friend!

2 comments:

Jordyn said...

Aww, you guys are so sweet. Cory is lucky to have such a patient wife! Lol. It'll be SO nice for you guys once he's done with his residency...or at least I hope you'll see him more often, then!

Natalie said...

I feel your pain. Residency sucks ;)