It's funny, I get nostalgic about this journey, even though it was Cory's journey. But somehow, I feel a part of it. It seems like it was just recently that Cory was saying, "I'm a pre-med student." And now he's done. Odd.
I remember going to a dinner for medical students and their spouses a couple months after Cory started school. It was a panel of 4 doctors and their spouses. Each of them spoke about their schooling and family life, and then we got to ask questions. I was barely pregnant with Sadie at the time. One doctor said that he missed the birth of his child because he was working. One talked about the high divorce rate for medical students. I'm sure they said comforting things too, but I didn't hear them. It terrified me.
But here we are! Cory was at the birth of both of our kids. And we've stayed best friends through it all. There were hard times. There were lonely times. But it forced me to learn something. It made me realize how precious the hours in the day are. For half of med school, I got Cory from 6pm-8pm each day. Those two hours were so important. I never wanted to waste my time with him. I hope I don't forget that.
I've made acquaintances, friends, and dear friends through this process. To the wives I've met, I feel more bonded to you than you may know. I feel like we've been through something together. We know exactly what each other has gone through. I will not forget you and hope to keep in touch throughout the years.
And to Cory,
I'm VERY proud of you!


2 comments:
I am so thrilled for your both! Way to go!
That is awesome! What a great time for you both!
Post a Comment