So, here goes! Let me know how you think it came out!
First, use cardboard to cut out the shape of the bodice.
I used cardboard from Costco baby wipes. :)
Way to recycle!
We (my mom & I) layered the cardboard,
2 thin sheets of batting, and the fabric.
You'll need almost an inch of extra
fabric around the cardboard to be
able to pull it to the back tightly.
Then I covered the back with cardstock cut to
the exact shape of the bodice. I chose cardstock
because the fabric I got would eventually fray.
If you used flannel, you could put that on the back.
I TRIED my hardest to pick fabric
to match the baby's room. Thanks, Hollie, for putting
pictures of the nursery on your blog! It really helped me out!
We (by we, I mean SOLELY my mom) ran a
seem through the top of the tulle (5yrds).
That way we could pull the thread and bunch the tulle evenly.
Ribbon makes me happy! It's small & adds so much!
Run the ribbon down the skirt first (I used 3 fat
ribbons & 2 thin). Then cover the top of the skirt
with ribbon making a waste band. Hint: use some
ribbon with texture for the waste band to cover
the bumps & lumps of the tulle and ribbon.

6 comments:
Cute job Al. LOVE IT! If you do decide you want to use fabric on the back you can use something called Fray Check on the edges. It's a kind of glue that keeps fabric from fraying. But it looks so good anyway. You go girl!
Way to be friend! It looks amazing!
I love it so much Alli! It's hanging on her wall right now and it looks so cute in the room. You did an amazing job matching the colors! I'll have to send you a picture, or better yet, you can come see it sometime! :)
Thanks soooo much! You're so sweet :)
What a great idea! And it is my kind of thing, not too hard.
Very very cute! Way to be crafty :): Girls are so much fun.
Adorable!!! So then you just clip the bows on it? I think I need a picture with the bows on it please! I need a girl!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment