Monday, September 27, 2010

Cows, check! Pigs, ugh!

Sadie has successfully conquered her fear of the cow toy! Yea! We've practiced kissing the cow and moo-ing in more friendly, higher-tone voices. She now plays with the cow almost like the other animals....almost! ;)

Sadie kissing the cow! Cutie!

Now we have a new fear on our hands. One that is not as easily overcome. Sadie is DEATHLY afraid of the new Geico commercial with the Little Piggy that goes "Wee! Wee!" all the way home! Ha! Ha! If you think I'm joking, I assure you I am not! She likes all other pigs, she tries to make the snorting sound, she even loves the song: "This Little Piggy..." But she HATES that pig. I think it's because the pig kind of sounds like he's in pain or crying. It is kind of a scary sound.
She is SOOO afraid of it, that I haven't brought myself to tape her doing it. -Though I could be persuaded for memories' sake. What do you think? Should I tape it so we can tease her when she's older? I'm not sure if I can, she goes immediately into screaming and crying when it's on.
Desensitizing her to the cow toy was fairly easy. Desensitizing her to a screaming pig on TV seems much more difficult.... Oh well, she's a scaredy cat, but she's my scaredy cat!

If you don't know the commercial I'm talking about, you can see it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_G2zp-opg


P.S. She absolutely LOVES all animals in person. We go to the zoo often, and she adores grandma's cats. In both cases, the cow & pig, it's the sound that gets her. Silly girl!

2 comments:

Mitzi said...

Four words: America's Funniest Home Videos.

Unknown said...

I totally agree with Mitzi! You have to video tape it if not for AFV for her when she's older. It's memories like these that you'll look back on fondly in a few years.