Here we are waiting with our signs! NOW I realize I'm not in any of the pictures and we didn't get a great picture of Alex either, oops! I'll do better at the homecoming on Sunday.Here he is! (notice the camera & microphone? I'll explain after the next photo)
I remember when he opened his mission call to San Diego we all thought it was a joke. Both of my parents were born and raised in San Diego, so that's where our extended family is. In fact, I'm pretty sure we have more family living there than we do in all of Utah.
I snuck this picture of the film crew at work. The Missionary Training Program is coming out with new videos to go along with Preach My Gospel. Alex got to be a part of this! He had a film crew follow him for 3 months of his mission. They videotaped everything: tracting, teaching, church meetings, dinners w/members, etc. Alex even had his own diary camera to record his reflections. It's like a little reality show! :)Once we heard the crew was coming to the airport, we were a bit nervous! But once we saw Alex it was easy to forget about them. We are all just so excited to have him home!



4 comments:
Ok, my life seriously is just a few weeks behind yours. Went to school with you, got married right after you, had babies right after you, and my brother-in-law comes home in two weeks... It's creeping me out. I still have to met little Sadie. We need to get together.
I'm sure they ask mission presidents and picked the very quality missionaries to be a part of the filming. What a tribute to him. So cute to see Sadie with Grandpa!
So excited he is home! That is crazy awesome that he is in the new training video! How did that end up happening?
Some church leaders & apostles chose San Diego to film. Alex's mission pres and other leaders came up with 20 names of missionaries they thought would be good. They thought & prayed & narrowed it down to 8. Alex just happened to be one of the eight. Through the process he's met with some pretty high-ups (apostles & such). He got home a week ago, and is already teaching in the MTC.
Alex got to show us 3 episodes from the series. They're great! So real: showing missionaries making mistakes, falling asleep, acting like...boys, etc. But still, they are sooo moving! I wish I could see them all. They might air on KUED or PBS, I hope so!
Cory thinks he's on the fast track to be in the Seventy by age 30, LoL! Alex is a great example to all of us!
Post a Comment