"It's not that big," you say? ....
....Oh no, it is definitely BIG!!!
First off, everyone should call Cold Stone Creamery and request that they have highchairs available! No highchairs, can you believe it?
Sadie was sitting fine on a chair. I had a hand on her leg, and my friend Kjirsten had her hand on the other leg. Sadie was LOVING the ice cream. She was getting pretty excited and would lean forward like a pancake to signal she wanted more.
Well, this time she lunged forward with a bit too much vigor. Yet, she didn't fall forward, she slid backwards, folded in half, between the seat and the back of the chair! She landed first on her back, but still hit her head HARD! I grabbed her a millisecond after she hit.
I called the doctor, and learned Sadie didn't have any symptoms that would cause concern. 4 days later, the bump wasn't ANY smaller, so the nurse said to bring her in. The doctor says that it could take a MONTH or more to go away!!! She said with a hit that hard, it's possible that she had a small, hairline fracture! But, since babies are ultra healers, and Sadie still didn't have any signs of concern (no vomitting, passing out, twitching eyes, etc.), we just have to be patient.
...I sure wish she had some hair to cover it up! I think she's liking the break from headbands!




10 comments:
Oh my Gosh!!! That is quite the bump. I bet it scared you to death, at least it would me. I don't handle my kids getting hurt very well (I would wrap them in bubble wrap if it was socially acceptable :) Hopefully it gets better soon. I will call Cold Stone for you right away ;)
HOLY CRAP! I feel sooo... bad that I wasn't able to catch her before she fell. That looks like it hurts so bad! Luckily it looks worse then it really is. You should sue Cold Stone:) Give her a big kiss for me. Poor thing:(
That second picture hurts to LOOK at. Poor little thing.:(
So sorry Alli, umm at least her pictures look great?
That totally stinks and yes that is huge! Poor girl and poor you. I always worry so much about getting one of those head injuries, good thing kids are so resilient though. Kids are just so dang wiggly!
I can NOT believe how big it is!!! Kjirst has a point about sueing....Again, I am so sorry! I can't help but smile when I see her pics because she is so happy?? What a brave little girl!!
ouch!!! Poor little thing! It is so sad when they get hurt.
Ron and I thought you were exaggerating, until we saw the second picture! My goodness-I'm glad she's ok. You should at least officially complain to cold stone; you've got some good documentation of the injury, and you might get a lot of free ice cream out of it!! ;)
I just relived all of my boys falls, as much and as hard as we try to prevent accidents they will still happen. No fun.
Okay so I freaked out when I saw that bump! I would seriously have a heart attack. I'm glad she is doing okay though.
Post a Comment