Friday, July 10, 2009

The 20th sounds so far!




Well, I just got back from the doctors! Nothing happening yet. :( My blood pressure went up again, but not high enough to induce me. <--I should have ran laps before I went in to get it higher! My feet got a little poofy so the doctor just reminded me (a couple of times) that I still have to "take it easy." Oops, I'm trying! She said that medically they don't want me to go much longer than a week past my due date. (Due date is Sunday) So, she scheduled an induction for Monday, July 20th just in case. She said that they'd be willing to do it earlier, but then it's "elective induction" which insurance doesn't like so much. Oh I hope she comes sooner than the 20th! Our bags are packed, the carseat is installed, let's get this show on the road!!!

5 comments:

Kimi said...

So sorry Alli. I agree the 20th does sound far.

Jessica said...

You gotta have Cory to pick a fight with you on your way to the Dr's office so that your blood pressure will be high enough to induce.

Kjirsten said...

Oh man, I hope for your sake that she comes before then. I know how you feel. Hang in there, the time flies after they are born but I know it feels like it's standing still right now. Good luck and keep us updated!

Nat said...

Oh! Good Luck. I hope she comes soon. I'm excited to see her, and sorry they want you to stick it out another 10 days!!

stace said...

oh i'm wishing for baby to come today! i can only imagine how hard it is to be waiting past your due date! good luck with everything. we can't wait to see pics of that adorable baby.