Friday, February 20, 2009

I hope moms get sick-days too!!!

That's right, I'm sick.  I think I sort of asked for it though.  See, Wednesday I had a little sore throat, nothing bad. At work, I've accrued a bunch of sick days, so I decided I would take a "wimpy sick-day."  That's where you're not that sick, but will take the day off anyway.  Serves me right, now I'm officially sick!  I've got the sore throat, sinus guck, head munch, the whole bit. Dang!  The worst part is that I can't take this GREAT cough syrup that I used to take.  Cory's just showing the beginning signs of the sickness, and is practically showing off that he can take all these super-duper cold medicines.  Oh well, soup and sleep for me! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Graham said...

It's so hard to be sick when you're pregnant. I had the same thing you did before and the doctor let me take cough drops and saline spray. Yay.

Feel better soon!

Mitzi said...

That comment is actually from me...I was signed into Graham's account...LOL!

Ashlee & Christian said...

I totally agree, it is the worst to get sick when you are pregnant or nursing and also when you have to take care of a child who is also sick. I am sorry, no fun at all. glad you got it now though and not later when you are 9 mo and miserable anyway. You can take Zyrtec which actually helps when you are pregnant better than Sudafed. It is an allergy med to clear you out, but I have known several people as well as myself who took it when sick and prego and it works wonders!!! Use Mentholadum rub too as well as you can get the tablets or liquid to go in a humidifier (if you don't have one invest in one now, you will use it tons with a child - we didn't own one till I was 8 mo prego and so miserably sick with a cold). This is what I found helpful when I was prego and sick. Hope it helps. Get feeling better soon.

Kimi said...

yucky