Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Goodbye & Hello!

Well, we are now residents of Rochester, MN!  Leaving Utah and arriving here was, of course, an adventure.  First there were a lot of goodbye's:

We said goodbye to our friends:


We said goodbye to our kids' friends:
 
 (little Audrey is in the left corner. Visible only by her cute dress and fingers)

We said goodbye to family.
 
(My not-so-little brother 
leaving to Ghana for his mission)

Next we loaded up the truck & sent Cory on his way:
  
(strike a pose)

 A couple days later, we woke up pretty early

And I boarded a plane, 
just me and my kidlets 
(heaven help us! 
 ...and the people sitting around us!)
 

Parts of the plane ride looked like this:
 
(admittedly a very old picture,
but you get the idea!)

And the hour and a half ride home 
from the airport looked like this:
 

A worthy note, saying goodbye is no fun.  No fun at all.   I preferred to not to give much thought to my goodbyes.  I pretend it's the same as saying goodbye like I have my whole life. No more weight given to these.  Let it be known, that I truly wish the most heartfelt goodbyes to my loved ones!  Which is just about everyone!  

There, with that out of the way, it's time to say:

HELLO!


No comments: