This is my elbow pit
Cory is telling me it's really my "cubital fossa"
...I'll take his word for it
I have eczema.
I've had it since I was a kid.
I've had it since I was a kid.
It gets worse at times of stress.
This was a time of stress.
What could be so stressful, you ask? Look closer at the picture. Do you see the toilet? Do you see the Dora-seat on the toilet? That's right....
WE'RE POTTY-TRAINING!!!
(Sadie Rose counting her panties: Dora, Princesses, & Minnie)
Now, to be fair, I think Sadie is doing a good job. I've heard HORROR stories about toddlers screaming at the sight of the potty, and 10yr olds pooping their pants (true story). Sadie is NOT one of those horror stories! Not, not, not.
But you know what's almost worse than the horror stories??? The crazy, successful stories! The ones where they say, "Oh, he really just trained himself one day." What? How is that helpful? At least I learned something from the 10yr old pooper. Sadie is NOT one of those success stories. Not, not, not.

(Watching "Potty Power" on repeat.
Highly recommend)
No, I think she is pretty average, which is partly why I wanted to write about her. We did what my friends and family have done, a "3-day" potty training program. Totally works, I'll use the program again. With that said, I slightly misunderstood the title.
I was pretty sure that we'd have 3 days of accidents and that would be it. Sadie only had accidents the morning of the first day, the other days were "nice & dry!" as my girl would say.
"Wow!" I thought, "One day of accidents, we got one of the success-story kids!" But no, like I said, she is average. It turns out the the 3-days are entirely for teaching the idea of how to use the toilet. After that, it's a lot of molding and adapting to your child.
I was soooo hoping for a "success-story kid." Sadie absolutely HATES getting dirty. I mean she H-A-T-E-S it! It's obnoxious really. We're eating dinner and she starts to nearly have a panic attack because "I GOT STUFF ON MY CHIN!!!" You have to calm her down for her to even notice her napkin. :) SO, I thought she would HATE having pee run everywhere. I was terribly wrong. This girl, doesn't mind one little bit!
She knows it makes me sad. She said, "You're sad mom? I will get you a Mickey toy, that will make you happy!" Oh Sade, if only. Then I overheard Cory talking to her in the bathroom after an accident, he was explaining that she had made a bad choice. Sadie started waving her hands in the air, DANCING, and saying, "but this is a GOOD choice, Dad!"
Oh girl, I cannot stay mad at you.
Even if you aren't a "success-story kid."
P.S. After 2wks of potty-training, accidents are very rare and my eczema is gone. But I realize that having an "average-kid" means that accidents and eczema may come back, and that's okay.


4 comments:
Haha. We've been doing the same thing the last two weeks. This was the second go around. Kels does awesome in the day but the first week wet the bed pretty much everytime. It got better the second week and last few days she hasn't wet it at all. Wahoo! I hear it takes a couple months for it to totally settle in and occasionally you still have accidents. We did the one day potty training and you have them go every 15 minutes. I thought I was going to DIE! P.S. I also have the eczema in the elbow. It only comes at winter and gets better if I remember to put lotion on it after the shower. LONG COMMENT! Sorry.
We are so on the same page, I started writing a post about potty training last night ;)
I think most kids are in the middle, and to me that is o.k. She seems to like her panties. At least you have the first month down which is the hardest part.
As nice as it will be to not have to change Alia's diaper, I can't say I'm looking forward to the potty training experience. But good luck! Sadie is a smart little girl and I'm sure it will all catch on sooner or later and she'll be a natural. ;)
Post a Comment