What??? What do I do to keep busy? Oh, I don't know, how about take a SHOWER? That's a productive day 'round here!
We're slowly emerging from the survival mode that is life with a newborn. We're getting longer chunks of sleep at night. (Puh-LEASE say I didn't just jinx it!) I'm getting dressed in regular clothes most days. My glasses have switched to backed to contacts. So, we're making progress!
Breastfeeding update: We're doing it! I do feel like I'm nursing more hours in a day than I'm not. WHILE typing this post, I've done both breastfeeding and pumping, (which makes typing go very slowly. but hey, I'm just sitting, might as well blog!) But all in all, it's going dramatically better this time than with Sadie. I think this time I have manageable expectations. Also, Easton hasn't shown the same signs Sadie did with regard to reflux. And I've successfully blocked out any of those pressuring influences surrounding the issue. I've finally accepted that if I switch to bottles it's no big deal. And strangely, knowing that fact has made breastfeeding easier.
So I really can't complain. Having two kids is harder than one, but knowing all the things that I learned with Sadie has definitely helped with Easton. We might be tired, the house might be a mess, but we're making it! And we couldn't be happier!
Proof that Sadie is still part of the family


4 comments:
Good job on breastfeeding! Impressive. Sounds like you are doing great!
I'm so glad the breastfeeding is going well and that you are able to block out the pressures associated with it. The first week or two I had to give Audrey formula and I felt like such a failure. I still stress about weaning her. I'm not planning on it quite yet, but people out there make you feel like formula is laced with arsenic or something!
Easton is so sweet, and it looks like Sadie loves him so much. Glad you are doing well, let us know if we can help out!
Glad to hear that things are starting to settle down a little into a more comfortable routine for you! I'm also happy to hear that breastfeeding hasn't been a nightmare this time around. We can't wait to hang out with you guys and meet little Easton! :)
Congrats on your little baby he is so sweet! I totally understand the accomplishment of showering every day. Sometimes I will have a good couple days and think maybe I finally have it then comes the next day and I wondered how in the world I did it and mine is already 4 months old :)
Post a Comment