Thursday, January 19, 2012

Adventures in Nursing

Cory and I were lucky enough to sneak out for the evening.  Dinner and a comedy/improv show, so fun!  -Thanks for the invite, Kimi!  -Oh, and THANK YOU mom & dad for taking the kiddos.

Leaving Easton that long takes some planning.  And I'm always nervous about messing up my milk supply, so I brought my handy breast pump along on our date. Romantic, huh?  So, in between dinner and the show I pumped in the car.  (side note: the first time I ever used a breast pump was the only time where I felt completely embarrassed when I was all ALONE)

So, we drive off from dinner, and I'm feeling great about my pumping plan.  "What a good mom," I think while we make our way to the show.

We had never been to this venue before, so we had our trusty GPS-lady-friend directing us.  Apparently GPS-lady-friend also had never been there, because she told us to pull in to the wrong parking lot.

Realizing our mistake we pull a U-ey in the very small lot and head to the exit.  JUST THEN, I notice a young man looking like he's locked out of his car, walking TOWARDS OUR CAR!  But I'm still pumping-it-up inside.  Ah! What do we do???

"Excuse me!" the guy outside calls out.

  I turn to my husband who looks equally as stumped and shocked as I was feeling.  I shout, "Drive! Drive! Drive!"

Gasp, that poor man!  I could still hear him calling after us as we peeled out of the lot.  He probably thought we were awful people!  If he only knew I was attached to a milk-sucking-machine in there!  But he'll never know...


SORRY, MAN!  
I hope someone fully-clothed came to your rescue!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Hahaha. Awesome.

Kimi said...

Lol. That made me smile. I have no idea what I would have done.

angie said...

Oh dear, I would have done the same! This is why nursing and I don't like each other. So funny though. One time jack found a toy with suction cups and lifted up his shirt and put it on his tummy and told me he was pumping. That's when I had to start pumping locked up!

Jordyn said...

Hahahaha!!! Oh the things I have to look forward too... ;)

Ashlee & Christian said...

That is hilarious and made me laugh. I would do the same, oh the joys of nursing!!

Henline said...

So, I have had a TON of stress over breastfeeding this time. (#4) I am in the car half my day and my baby wants to eat - all. the. time.
Your post made me think. I started web-surfing. I think I found something that could be wonderful... Expensive, but maybe worth a try... What do you think?

www.freemie.com

-Ashley Henline