Sunday, March 15, 2009

Taking Over!

After a CRAZY work week (I got 2 new kids transferring from this other teacher that I don't especially love), we're taking on more responsibility!  Effective today, Cory and I are taking over managing our apartment complex! Yikes!  We've been hoping for this for a long time, but it's still going to be a lot of work.  The old manager is a 4th year med student, and did it all through med school, so I think we can do it!  We've actually already had about 6wks of practice while the manager has been interviewing around the country. This means that I can officially quit my job come July! Yea! I'm really excited to quit!  My current favorite thing about my job is going off-track!  Does that make me a bad teacher?  I think it just makes me realistic!  Anyway, I really will miss teaching.  It's great spending so much time with those kids! I get to know them and we have a lot of fun!  But I'm truly grateful that we can do this managing thing and I can stay home.  Sure, we'll be rackin' up some debt for the next few years, but maybe one day we'll pay it off!  Until baby girl is born, I'll be teaching and managing! That might get tricky....wish us luck!  Oh! And if you're ever interested in a WONDERFUL downtown apartment with AMAZING managers, let me know! ;)

3 comments:

Bekah B. said...

Sooo exciting! You can stay home with the baby!! Always a fun thing! We are thinking about moving to Cali OR downtown..so if we end up staying here that would be so fun to live in the same apartment complex! Congrats on quiting..you are not a bad teacher at ALL...since Cole subs he has told me many times that teaching really would be the hardest job!

Nat said...

Bad teacher? I think not... Or else we are all bad teachers... but then that would make being bad actually the average, and if we aren't BELOW average, can we really be classified as bad?! lol... FYI- I am totally counting down the days till summer (55 for us traditional schedule jordan district people!)

Amy said...

I know I would be excited to be off track! Just be glad you taught now so if you decide to go back when the kiddies are all in school it will be easier. I visit teach a lady who got her degree, but didn't teach a year and is now back she wishes she had at least taught a year. Give yourself a pat on the back you have survived longer than that!