Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun Day after a Busy Week!



Well, I'm finally off-track again, so you should be hearing from me a lot more!  Have I ever said that I LOVE going off-track, because I DO!  I know some people aren't familiar with the "track" school system, but basically, I work all year (summers too) but I work for 9 weeks, then I get 3 weeks off.  The reason is because there are so many kids in Utah, they can't fit in the schools all at the same time, so we're basically taking turns.  Anyway, I especially love THIS off-track time because I get 4 weeks off instead of 3!  Wow, a whole month!  What to do...blog, I guess! 
So I'll catch you up a bit.  Last week was BUSY at school! I'm in charge of the student council for our school, along with my great friend, Helen.  We took some of the student council members to BYU for a leadership seminar. It was really fun!  There were some great speakers!  John Bytheway had the kids rocking in their seats laughing so hard!  It was a long day, but a good experience.
The next two days were Parent-Teacher Conferences. STRESSFUL!  I'm a lot more confident at conferences now, but I used to get so nervous. I just feel so much younger than the parents that I don't know why they would listen to me.  But I'm much more comfortable now!  I like hearing from the parents and sharing ideas about their kids. But I'm still glad those two 12-hour days are over, yuck!
So now I'm chillaxing (chilling+relaxing) after being overworked last week.  Today, I went to lunch with my mom and sis. Then, I went with Amanda's family to see WallE (-it was okay). And I got my hair cut/colored. It's really short and dark! Compare it to that picture on the top right, big change for me!  Let me know if you like it better light or dark!

6 comments:

Kjirsten said...

Absolutely LOVE the dark and short hair! You look stunning! Hey lets do lunch while you are off track. Let's see if we can catch Bekah on one of her days off and all go. That would be soo... much fun! Please can we?!?! Again, LOVE the hair!!

Jana said...

I love the dark hair with the "edgy" cut! Makes you look all sassy! :)

Ashlee & Christian said...

I love it as well. The dark is so cute on you, especially for winter time. The cut is fantastic and a great cut on you. Have fun off track!

Amy said...

I think you can pull anything off. I love your hair short, you have the face and body to pull it off. I am a fan of the short and dark.
I am jealous of the 3 weeks off, that sounds SOOOOO good right now!

Rachael said...

love the hair!!!its so cute.

Unknown said...

You look hot!